how to elope to Positano
ELOPE TO POSITANO
Positano means breathtaking views!
The picturesque bay of Positano is a dream for many travelers from all over the world! History says that Positano has been founded by the god Poseidon, artifacts have been found dating human habitation to the Paleolithic era. In Roman & Medieval times, it was an important port of the Amalfi republic. Since the 1950’, the small village of fishermen began to attract many tourists and became an important place for artists & movie stars. Elope in Positano is a unique experience and for sure, the best idea to create unforgettable memories together.
An elopement is always an adventure! All is about creating unique and unforgettable memories. The way you are. Telling so much about your personal story together. Positano is such a special place for an elopement. Enjoy a very special day, just the two of you… and a view.
What kind of ceremony?
You have the choice for your elopement in Positano:
- a civil ceremony at Positano’s Town Hall: the terrace with the view on roofs overlooking the village is really nice!
- a religious ceremony in the church of Santa Maria Assunta, in the heart of Positano, you can feel the sea and enjoy the stunning backdrop
- a symbolic ceremony: everywhere you want! it can be on a boat, just the two of you on the terrace of your room/Airbnb, on the terrace/garden of your gorgeous hotel! If you are looking for a great celebrant, email me, I have good recommendations for you: Ciao Peggy
Do you need a wedding planner?
If you want a legal civil wedding or religious ceremony in church, it’s easier to work with a local wedding planner that will help you for the paperworks as it can be very complicated in Italy.
My advice is to avoid big impersonal agencies who sell «All-inclusive» elopement or wedding packages with everything inside (from ceremony to flowers photographer etc.) because some of them are not flexible and don’t let you choose your own vendors. If you don’t like their suggestions, you should be free to do your own choices (because this is YOUR special day ;)).
If you need a referral, I work with great professional wedding planners in the area, feel free to email me : Ciao Peggy
My fav hotels in Positano
Hotel Marincanto The Hotel where I’ve worked the most for wedding ceremonies in Positano. The panoramic terrace of Hotel Marincanto is so unique! It’s also very easy because it’s located in the center, close to everything you’d like to do (beach, shops etc.) and you can arrive at the hotel by car (you will see that it makes a huge difference in Positano because you will have to walk by foot and do a lot of steps). The honeymoon suite with the special “bathroom” (a mini indoor pool) is fabulous. A perfect place for an intimate wedding and elopement ceremony in Positano. The Villa Incanto, “18th century historical dwelling of incomparable beauty” offers also a wonderful setting for private wedding dinner.
- Le Sirenuse: Since 1951, this hotel is just magical, all is about the details. The Sirens is one of Italy’s leading seaside luxury hotels. Live an exclusive experience at the Hotel Le Sirenuse. Their restaurant La Sponda is also a must for an unforgettable night in Positano.
- Casa Buonocore My fav guest house in Positano, absolutely perfect for an elopement! The place is so charming. “A house filled with the scent of orange blossom: Tucked away amidst the narrow lanes of Positano, there’s a lovely white house. To reach it, from the main road, you’ll need to make your way up 70 steps, following the sweet scent of the oranges growing in the garden hidden behind the house.” Book early because it’s always full! Keep that advice for Positano, it’s really small. If possible, try to book your accommodation as soon as possible.
Other great hotels in Positano:
Another solution to find accommodation at Positano is to rent from private (with Airbnb Tripadvisor, Booking.com etc.). It can be an amazing idea for the ceremony if the Villa has a terrace. You can find fantastic hidden places, for example:
– One of the most amazing Villa in Positano Villa Oliviero This luxurious villa can host up to 12 guests and includes a garden, swimming pool & outdoor hot tub. Perfect for an intimate wedding.
– Little Flower Villa I’ve been happy to photograph an intimate wedding ceremony on the terrace of Little Flower Villa, an interesting location with the view on the roofs.
My advice: always check with the owner how many steps you will have to do to reach the Villa ad how far it’s from the beach.
If you need a referral for flowers, make up artist, videographers, celebrant etc., feel free to email me : Ciao Peggy
My 3 best advices to elope to Positano
If possible, try to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Consider that Positano is really small and the bookings begin early.
Keep in mind that Positano means a lot of steps 🙂 They are part of the experience! So consider to take a plan B pair of shoes if you have heels, to be sure that you are confortable to walk between locations and enjoy the day!
- Book a private boat tour: this is the best solution to do amazing pictures with Positano in the background. And with a glass of Prosecco, this is just a perfect moment to remember.
For more informations on my photography packages in Positano and if you need a referral for flowers, make up artist, videographers, celebrant etc., feel free to email me. I will be happy to help : Ciao Peggy
Thank you for considering me to tell your story! You can ask for an estimate or any informations about intimate wedding, elopement or engagement through this form or sending an email at Ciao Peggy
Positano elopement photographer – Positano wedding photographer – Positano wedding planner – Positano elopement planner – getting married in Positano – elope to Positano
NATURAL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR TIMELESS MEMORIES
Peggy Picot - Maison Pestea
Wedding & elopement photographer in Italy
For your wedding at Masseria Torre Coccaro in Apulia, you want to mix the styles: a boho dress with your granny's diamond earrings
You can wear Starwars cufflinks and Superman socks for your wedding at The Lazy Olive in Tuscany as you're always the hottest guy in any circumstances
You love to wear your Jimmy Choo to elope in Rome but prefer to end bare foot, eating a gelato
As you can't travel with your dog for the wedding in Positano, you print a true-size portrait to make him part of your ceremony on the terrace of Hotel Marincanto
Are you this type of lovers too? Let's be friends!
Italy + France elopements & intimate weddings photographer
♥AVAILABLE FOR DESTINATION WEDDING & ELOPEMENT WORLDWIDE // PARIS * ROME * TUSCANY * VENICE * CAPRI * APULIA * POSITANO ♥
Peggy Picot Maison Pestea Quartier Elizaberri 64240 Hasparren (Fr)
P.IVA Siret 53187002000017 – Code APE 7420Z Dispensée d’immatriculation (art. L. 123-1-1 du code de commerce)